Participants will learn new baking and cooking techniques using honey as a natural sweetener. You will take home two sweet treats as well as an elegant accompaniment for both dinner and dessert.
In this class you’ll become a honey connoisseur by exploring various applications of this natural sweetener. First, learn to mix, knead, roll and fill delicious sticky seed buns that you can take home to bake. We’ll then learn to whip up a naturally sweetened fruit compote to accompany your buns! Next, you’ll develop precision and skill by heating and hardening your own honeycomb brittle with the toppings of your choice. Finally, learn to make a whipped honey butter that will compliment your next feast. You’ll walk away with the confidence to prepare versatile confections that are sure to satisfy.
- Bring your appetite! Eat Local samples are offered throughout the class.
- Class participants receive a 20% store discount immediately after the class.
- Classes are limited to 8 max. participants.
- To register, please purchase the class below by ‘Adding to Shopping Bag’ and completing checkout. Then, return to this page and select ‘Book Now’ to register for a specific class date.
If you have purchased a Groupon for one of our classes, select 'Book Now', adjust the number of ‘Groupon’ participants, and complete registration. Sales tax is collected for all Groupon bookings during registration. Please redeem your Groupon after registering.
THIS CLASS IS OFFERED IN:
- (206) 397-3999
- 503 Broadway E., Seattle, WA 98102 - Street Parking or Paid Garage - class length exceeds free parking validation.
- Click here for a schedule of all classes in Capitol Hill.
- (206) 328-3663
- 2400 Queen Anne Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109 - Street Parking or Paid Lot - class length exceeds free parking lot max.
- Click here for a schedule of all classes in Queen Anne.
- (425) 896-8751
- 205 Park Ln, Kirkland, WA 98033
- Click here for a schedule of all classes in Kirkland